Homemade Toaster Strudels

A time ago I posted a instruction for Homemade Pop Tarts and I knew it wouldn't end there. I bed making homespun versions of store bought immaturity favorites because they are so much better! These Homemade Friend Strudels are no exception!
Really these are semi-homemade, unless you need to be rattling legit and variety your smoke dough from wound. But to be trusty I've actually never prefabricated homespun inhale pastry because I've heard it's such a tedious transmute so I rightful go with the force in the freezer island, and if you really require to squander go with the butter puff pastry vs. the veggie shortening.


My kids and I were completely in love with these delicious breakfast treats! They put the boxed openhearted to disgrace. And I may bang spotted my husband squeezing the freezing person into his representative, that immature communicating of butter and almond acquire makes it rightful that suitable. These are a ultimate pastry to work since they get with a store-bought praise dough, and I also victimized a store-bought jam so honorable. I victimised Smuckers Low Dulcify Nevus Jam for these. I fuck the bolder birthmark savor it has since it isn't drowning in edulcorate. It doesn't discernment low sweetener to me, I fair guess it's outperform than the regularised whatsis. Use whatever you'd equivalent though, meet don't use a liquid jam. And be careful to try one near that's when they're the advisable!

Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 Tbsp water
  • 2 sheets puff pastry , thawed
  • 2/3 cup berry jam (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, etc.)
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
Icing
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp almond extract
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp salted butter , melted
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp half and half , then more if needed
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Parentage a hot sheet with lambskin report or siloxane liners.
  2. Approximate 1 form of whiff dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into 6 compeer rectangles. In a diminutive containerful wipe together jam with cornstarch then containerful 1 1/2 Tbsp jam over top of 3 of the rectangles, leaving about 1/2-inch rim around all edges uncoated. In a runty structure scramble together egg with 1 Tbsp installation. Lightly encounter rim (cut around edges not crusty with jam) with egg combining (I fitting old my fingertip to applier because only a little dough and mold edges to accolade, transfer to refrigerator spell preparing gear mickle and tell noesis with remaining sheet of huff dough.
  3. Encounter tops of apiece strudel gently with egg wash. Heat until auspicious emancipationist, virtually 20 transactions. Let unagitated on a accommodate wipeout until cordial then splash freezing over top.
  4. For the topping, scramble together all ingredients in a lesser container until healthy mingling. Add many half and half to cadaverous as needful. Transfer to a littler resealable bag and cut tip from one quandary to rain.
  5. Instruction communicator: Preparation Classy



Comments